Monday, March 2, 2015

Let's Try This Again

Blogging
Is it really that difficult, or do I just make it seem that way? Probably the latter.
It shouldn't be that hard. Take some pictures, write a few words (don't over think things). Done.

January was a good month on the bike for me. Since it wasn't too terribly cold, I was able to break 100 miles for the first time ever. That may not seem like much, but the darkness and cold & wind always seem to conspire against my getting many miles in, so I'm pretty proud.
February was a different story. Temps were about ten degrees cooler than normal for the month, plus just about every day I had off seemed to be really windy. I only got in 35 miles through the 27th, so I was really happy to have gotten in 24 miles on Saturday.

Untitled
After pushing the Ogre up the second half of the steepest climb of they day, I stopped for the first photo op of the day. I needed the rest too. That thing has to weighs forty+ pounds, and since I built it for utility, I guess I'll have to be the one to go on a diet.

Untitled
I planned on bypassing this road, since it's usually closed. I'd never seen it plowed before, so I couldn't pass up the opportunity to ride it.

Untitled
There were plenty of soft spots, so I had to choose my line carefully and the going was slow, but I eventually made it through to the end.
Untitled
It's a very pretty stretch of road. I wish it were longer than a mile and a half.

Untitled
I rode along with the man in the moon.............

Untitled
and with Pegasus.

Untitled
On the way home I came across another road that is usually unplowed, so again I had to go on a little detour.

Untitled
I made it about a mile in before coming to the area where logging was being done. No wonder there weren't any birds around. This area is changing all the time. I'll have to get back here before the ground thaws and the ATVs rut everything up.

Untitled
3 hours riding in the sunshine. A good way to end the month.

No comments:

Post a Comment