Saturday, November 8, 2014

Coffeeneuring Ride 4: Acclimating

Warming Up

With winter coming soon, I thought it would be smart to try to become acclimated to the cold before the temps start to plummet too much.  So today I jumped at the opportunity to ride 10 miles into a 20 degree wind chill for a cup of hot coffee.
Long story short, (and I do wish I could write an actual story) after getting off to a late start, I made it to the coffee shop five minutes before it closed. This meant that I had to enjoy my beverage al fresco, which is also good for acclimating. Come January, weather like this will feel like a heat wave.

Date: November 8
Location: Casa Latte 5493 Miller Trunk Hwy, Hermantown MN
Beverage: Snickers Latte w/ Almond Milk
Distance: 20.4 miles
Observation: Tailwinds Rule! Even more so when it's cold out.

2 comments:

  1. Todays temp of 24 would feel nice in Jan. and I also agree, tail winds rule!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woah! And I thought it was getting chilly here...good show on your coffee run.

    ReplyDelete