Sunday, October 26, 2014

Coffeeneuring Ride 2: Lake Superior Sunrise

We're on week four of the Coffeeneuring Challenge already, and I've only done one ride so far, so I guess it's time to get my butt in gear.
For my second outing I decided to do a coffee shop without walls while watching the sun rise over Lake Superior.

Before the Dawn
I chose a perfect day for it. When I left the house 45 minutes before sunrise the temp was 48 and the skies were clear. I made very good time. The ride was all downhill with a strong tailwind.

I'll Make it to Go
Oh the joy one feels upon learning he hasn't forgotten anything.

The Sun Also Rises
Although the water was a bit slow to boil, I got the coffee pressed with a few minutes to spare.

Hot on the Rocks
Hot on the rocks.


For your (quick) viewing pleasure.

Coffee Companion
My coffee companion. I didn't share. He seemed high strung enough.

Lester River
Here is just one small contributor of Lake Superior's water. It's much more impressive in the spring.

October Shadow
Although I left my squirrel friend behind I still had some pleasant, and quiet, company for the ride home. Even if he would have spoken, I never would have heard him over the wind.

Date: October 25
Location: Skyline Parkway overlooking Lake Superior
Beverage: French Press with soy creamer and salted caramel agave syrup
Distance: 14.9 miles
Observation: Nature is beautiful, hills and headwinds, not so much.

1 comment:

  1. Enjoyed the post! I know the feeling of forgetting part of the cooking system. Glad you didn't have to deal with that.

    ReplyDelete