Sunday, October 12, 2014

Coffeeneuring Ride 1: Stretch It Out

It's Coffeeneuring time once again and I'm a week late getting started, so let's get this thing going.

I hate to admit it, but I was a bit coffee'd out by the time I had a chance to get out to ride, so I invoked  the buying beans rule and went to Caribou coffee to pick some up.

DSCN2053
It was a beautiful day and I wanted to stretch what would have been an 8 mile ride out a bit, so I took the scenic route.

Scenic Overlook
I stopped at Hawk Ridge to admire the view and check out the....um.....hawks.

DSCN2055
While there were no hawks to be found I did spot a laker out on the water. Despite the lack of raptors, it worked out ok. Thousand foot ships are much easier to photograph than soaring hawks.

DSCN2067
Eventually I made my way to the coffee shop. I didn't really want to include this picture, or even ride across the parking lot, but this where I went so here it is.

To Go....For Tomorrow
Date: October 12
Location: Caribou Coffee, Woodland Ave
One pound of Amy's Blend
Distance: 14.4 miles
Observation: The longer path is always more enjoyable.

1 comment:

  1. Wind up the coffeeneuring challenge...I'm with you. sometimes I've had way too much coffee before I set out. Or sometimes I wait until the day warms up, which means I've consumed my share at home. So, I might take myself out for lunch and have tea instead.

    ReplyDelete