Saturday, March 5, 2011

Here Comes the Sun

The next best thing to a warm March day is a sunny March day. It was about 20°F when I left for my ride, with a cold wind from the north. I lost the feeling in my thumbs after about a mile. Luckily, just like the sun, I was bright today too, and brought a much thicker pair of gloves with me. My thumbs were soon happy, but the rest of my body stayed pretty cool until I was able turn south on the way home.

I ended up with a very nice 18 mile ride. Even though it was a beautiful day, I wasn't seeing many things to take pictures of. I might just be getting a bit bored with my usual loop, but until I get my mileage built back up I may be stuck with the same old same old.

I did take one picture today that I wanted to post. From what I've read, when taking a picture of a bike, it should be shot from the drive line side. Most of the pictures I took last year were from the left side, so I thought I would try it "the right way." Here is my result.

2011-03-05 at 12-46-23
I'm not really sure I like it that way. I either have to turn the bike around before taking the shot, or I have to stop on the wrong side of the road, and I don't usually feel like being a salmon. I think I'll just keep taking the photos the way they come naturally. Besides, I like the way the bike leans towards the camera when you shoot from the left.

After I stopped at home, I took Loki put for a three mile walk down a forest road a few miles north of town.

As usual, the scenery was nice.....

Pine
And Loki had a great time.

2011-03-05 at 15-29-36

1 comment:

  1. I was able to get out for a nice sunny ride on Saturday as well.

    ReplyDelete