Saturday, March 15, 2014

Errandonnees 2 & 3

For my 2nd and 3rd errandonneruing trips I took advantage of Monday's 50 degree temp and rode up to the town hall to pay the water bill.

Errandonnee Trip 2
This happens to be the one errand I try to always do by bike. I ride past here often anyway, and it doesn't hurt that I get to save the cost of a stamp.

Speedy
I took this picture to document the mileage. I plodded along at 10.8 mph. Had I been riding the fast bike, I'm sure I could have broken 12 mph easily. Cat 6 here I come!

Category: Wild Card
Distance: 2.76 miles.
Observation: Being able to ride without gloves for the first time in 4 months is awesome!

Still Frozen
Gratuitous Guardrail Shot

Cheap Coffee
Since the weather was so nice, I decided to ride to the nearest establishment that had coffee.
At first I felt a little unsure counting a stop during a pleasure ride as an errand, but since I wouldn't have bought coffee here if it weren't a category in the challenge, I'm going to use it.

Category: Coffee or Dessert
Mileage: 5.84 miles (I won't count the mileage home)
Observation: Even cheap cappuccino from a gas station can be pretty tasty.

No comments:

Post a Comment